NATIONAL BLUEBERRY MUFFIN DAY
Whether it is for breakfast or a snack, blueberry muffins are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and are honored each year on July 11th, National Blueberry Muffin Day.
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 140ml milk
- 1tsp baking powder
- 150g fresh or dried blueberries
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy then add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour and baking powder to make a thick batter, then stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Add the blueberries and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 15-20 mins at 180C, gas 4.
- Leave the blueberry muffins to cool in the tray for 10 mins before turning out