An arugula, mint, and lime marinade adds bright flavor to this array of colorful baby veggies. Serve them with the remaining sauce for dipping, and they’ll be gone in a flash.
- 1cup lightly packed arugula
- 1/2cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons pine nuts, toasted*
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Coarse sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 12baby carrots with tops, trimmed
- 6small red shallots, peeled
- 6miniature sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2cups cremini mushrooms
- 6baby zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 10 – 12miniature pattypan squash
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12baby heirloom tomatoes
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- For sauce, in a blender or food processor combine arugula, the 1/2 cup mint, the oil, pine nuts, lime juice, and garlic. Cover; blend or process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add cheese. Cover and blend or process just until combined. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Halve any large carrots lengthwise. Cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water about 5 minutes or just until tender; drain well. Place carrots, shallots, sweet peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and pattypan squash in a resealable bag set in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the sauce to bag. Seal bag; turn to distribute sauce evenly over vegetables.
- Lightly coat an unheated grill wok with cooking spray. For a charcoal or gas grill, preheat the grill wok on the rack of a covered grill for 1 minute. Add the vegetable mixture to wok. Cover and grill vegetables in wok about 25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir tomatoes into vegetable mixture.
- Place remaining sauce in a small serving bowl. Arrange vegetables on a platter; serve with sauce. If desired, sprinkle vegetables with additional mint leaves.