Ketogenic Diet is all the rage these days. The diet focuses on a low-carb, high-fat and moderate amount of protein and is known for its powerful effects on not just weight loss but on the overall health of an individual.
Though often associated with the animal source, the diet, however, can be adapted to fit plant-based foodstuff. Yes, you read that right!
Vegans can reap the benefits of a ketogenic diet as well. From coconut filled recipes to crunchy chips and pasta, there are tons of keto diet recipes for people who rely only on vegetarian products.
Following are some recipes we have compiled just for Vegan Ketogenic Dieters. These are not just delicious and tantalizing, but will also keep their stomach satisfied:
1) Bell Pepper Basil Pizza – One of the recipes vegans can add in their keto meal plan is a delicious pizza topped with fresh bell peppers (red, yellow and green) and basil. You can also add other veggies like mushrooms for extra flavor. Crunchy and yummy pizza with freshly chopped basil is sure to satisfy all your food cravings!
2) Creamed green cabbage: Pairing whipped cream with green cabbage is a low-carb dish that is perfect to suit every vegan out there. Just sauté some cabbage with butter and add whipped cream over it along with some pepper and salt. You can also add lemon zest and parsley to make it yummier.
3) Tofu and Bok Choy Salad: This salad cannot be missed when it comes to keto diet vegetarian recipes. Pair up baked tofu with bok choy. For salad dressing, use lime, peanut butter, and sambal oelek, lemon and a pinch of garlic powder. A perfect main meal staple to start your beautiful morning!
4) Cheese Chips: For snack lovers, cheese chips are perfect to add in their ketogenic diet meal plan. Just bake shredded cheddar or provolone cheese in the oven. Sprinkle your favorite spices on the top and have these crunchy chips anytime and anywhere. Pair the chips with instant coffee to get the most of this light and tasty food staple.
5) Zucchini Fettuccine & Avocado Walnut Pesto: Gorgeously green zucchini zoodles have been one of the delicious ketogenic dinner solutions for most vegans. For a step further, one can combine zucchini pasta with avocado walnut pesto for a perfect low carb dish. Don’t forget to sprinkle a little salt, pepper, paprika, and oregano on the top of the zucchini noodles. You can also toss the noodles in your favorite simmering sauce.
So, all vegans out there! Add these yummy recipes in your daily meals. You can also look out for more at https://veganproducts.org/vegan-ketogenic-diets/. The guide will also let you explore more about the vegan ketogenic diet, its benefits in detail, food to avoid in this diet and so on.
Remember to complement your diet with the necessary supplements to meet your nutritional needs. Last but not the least; stay hydrated, exercise and get enough sleep to reap the maximum benefits of your keto diet meals.